Evening Skincare Routine




If you guy's have read my last couple of posts you will know that I have been asking 
you what you would like to see more of on my blog. Surprisingly to me, a huge request I have had from Women, Men and Mums alike has been to share my skincare routine. 

You may have noticed that this post is titled Evening Skincare Routine, and that
is because if I am completely honest being a parent, the evening is the only time that I get exactly that, a little me time. The mornings are strictly set aside for running around like a 
blue arsed fly trying to get everyone ready for the day ahead and so the evening is when I 
really get to invest a little time into myself and my skin. 

You may also look at the products above and think WOW that is a lot, honestly it looks more than it is and I will explain in a second how I love to use them. Firstly through I will just share with you, as I know I will get asked, that in the mornings I use the Emma Hardie - Moringa Cleaning Balm to cleanse as its really gives a fresh base to work with and clears away any product residue from the night before whilst also being 
very nourishing on my oily, yet dry in some patches skin. 




1.

Ok, so first up there is getting rid of the days make up and that means using a little
bit of a scrub on my face. I work in an office environment with air conditioning, which can result in dryness and therefore I want any flaking skin to be gone, along with removing the vast majority of my Make-Up. For this I love to use the Clarins Gentle Refiner as it is guaranteed to take away my make-up, dead skin and it also has a very fresh scent to it that reinforces that clean feeling. One thing that is not pictured here is a Micellar water and that is only because I have so many and could not pick a favourite to share. I use this after my face wash if there is any eye make up residue or just to make sure everything is off of my face before applying my skincare treatments. 



2.

The next thing that I will do is Tone my face and for this I have only found two products so far that do this for me brilliantly. The first is the PIXI - Glow Tonic, I use this when my skin is feeling congested and like it needs a good refresh. This product is like a facial in a bottle and when I first started using it I saw results in days. This toner contains 5% Glycolic Acid and when my skin feels clogged this gently exfoliates it to reveal a fresh and supple surface.

On the nights where my skin is feeling a little more sensitive or like it needs a bit of extra nourishing, I will change my toner and use the Liz Earle - Instant Boost Skin Tonic. This toner is soothing and if you have sensitive skin would work wonders for you. I used this throughout my entire pregnancy as my skin became very sensitive and inflamed in areas and it helped to keep it calm and any redness at bay. This toner and all Liz Earle products smell to me like a Spa and so when using this before bed it is guaranteed to help you unwind. 



3.

Now, I know above I said I had oily skin so you may wonder why I apply oils instead of moisturiser at night?  I find that when I use an oil overnight my skin is naturally less oily in comparison to if I use a moisturiser. If I were to use moisturiser my skin becomes a bit slick and dull looking and seems to make other products less effective.

For evening oils there are only two products that have become heroes in my routine and those are the Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate and the Liz Earle - Superskin Concentrate . I love both of these products in equal measure and they do very similar things for my skin but they do each have a couple of standalone qualities that keeps me using either, or, every night. 

The Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate, very similarly to the skin tonic has a distinct scent to it that reminds me of a spa and has a very calming effect on my overall mood before bed. The effect it has on my skin is that it seems to help aid an overall even skin tone and natural glow which I noticed after around four days of using it. 

Similarly, the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate has a very relaxing scent and it is wonderful to use before bed. This product for me is something I feel I will use and incorporate into my routine for a very long time to come. It is brightening, firming, plumping and I find it helps reduce the appearance of any hyperpigmentation. This product seems to have been the one I saw the quickest results from and if I have no a make up day, I will apply a tiny amount of this to my skin for a healthy glow. 




4. 

Eye cream and the care of the skin around my eyes is something I am very passionate about. As a tired mum I need all of the help I can get and the product I find works the best for me at the moment is the Elemis - Absolute Eye Serum. This eye serum has helped to reduce fine lines and keeps my eye area very hydrated and clear of puffiness, whilst also maintaining brightness. As it is a serum it is not heavy and does not cause blemishes for me. Alongside this it feels very refreshing, so I like to use this morning and night. Tip - if you are prone to puffy eyes when you first wake up keep this in the fridge and apply in the mornings. Alongside this try to up your water intake and reduce salt consumption to help prevent this.





6.

A step that I try to incorporate three times a week into my skincare routine is to put on a face mask. The two masks I love the most and for very different reasons are the Clarins - SOS Hydra and the Liz Earle - Deep Cleansing Mask and I use these for exactly what they say on the tin. 

If my skin is in need of a little extra hydration I will reach for the Clarins mask, that provides nourishment and a feeling of healthy, hydrated and plumped skin with an added extra glow in it. If my skin is feeling dull and like my pores need a little more TLC and refining, I will use the Liz Earle mask to really draw out any impurities. The Liz Earle mask also combats black heads like no other and my skin can go from clogged, to clear in a matter of 3 uses. 





I hope you guys have found this helpful and all links are embedded within the above text if you would like to purchase any of these products. If you have any specific questions for me about my skincare please leave them in the comments below. Thank you all for stopping by and please let me know what you would love to see on my blog. 


Jordan 
x

Comments

Popular Posts